Help tackle loneliness in your community
The Chatty Cafe Scheme is on a mission to tackle loneliness in the UK, and we need your help…
We’ve teamed up with Good Morning Britain to tackle loneliness in the UK
The Chatty Café Scheme is working to encourage people to pledge their time to tackle loneliness and social isolation in the UK.
How you can get involved
Help start a Chatter & Natter table in your area to combat loneliness. Find a venue (cafes, pubs, community centres) to offer up a table where customers can sit if they fancy a chat.
We’re seeking Chatty Table Volunteers to commit 180 minutes a week for six months. For this voluntary role, you will need to:
- Identify or find your nearest venue that agrees to offer a Chatter & Natter table
- Commit to hosting a Chatter & Natter table at the same venue at the same time each week
- Help kick-start conversations, be a friendly face at the table and promote the table within your local community
Make regular phone calls to someone who is lonely.
We’re seeking volunteers to commit 60 minutes a week for a year. For this voluntary role, you will need to:
- Phone those experiencing loneliness for 30 minutes each week
- Phone at the same time and day each week (please check you have unlimited minutes on your phone)
- Help reduce loneliness by having weekly chats
Help make a difference to someone’s life
“I have long periods where I don’t speak to anyone, I can go a few days without speaking to anyone. After the call I feel happier and calmer. It helps me feel part of things. At the end of each day I think, did I speak to anyone today? And Monday’s I always can say I did.”
Andy, Norfolk, Receiving weekly calls from a Chatty Volunteer