Please follow the links below to register to become a Volunteer – thanks so much for your support!
How you can get involved
Chatty Table volunteer
The Chatty Café Scheme encourages venues to designate a ‘Chatter & Natter table’ where customers can sit if they want to chat to other customers.
We’re seeking Chatty Table Volunteers to set up and host a Chatter & Natter table:
- Identify or find your nearest venue that agrees to offer a Chatter & Natter table
- Commit to hosting a Chatter & Natter table at the same venue at the same time each week
- Help kick-start conversations, be a friendly face at the table and promote the table within your local community
Chatty Telephone volunteer
The Chatty Café Scheme connects volunteers with those experiencing loneliness and/or social isolation to receive a weekly telephone call.
We’re seeking Chatty Telephone Volunteers to make weekly calls to:
- Phone those experiencing loneliness for 30 minutes each week
- Phone at the same time and day each week (please check you have unlimited minutes on your phone)
- Help reduce loneliness by having weekly chats
Help make a difference to someone’s life
“I have long periods where I don’t speak to anyone, I can go a few days without speaking to anyone. After the call I feel happier and calmer. It helps me feel part of things. At the end of each day I think, did I speak to anyone today? And Monday’s I always can say I did.”
Andy, Norfolk, Receiving weekly calls from a Chatty Volunteer